Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Sunday Morning Fuzzies...

Why can't I sleep past 7:30am no matter how late I go to bed? Is this part of getting old? Or being inescapably hooked on my workweek schedule? I don't know but it's damn annoying at times...




Random thoughts:



When people cross into the bullshit zone, they start to speak loudly. Why is this? Is this born from some belief that "If I talk over you, cut you off, and bludgeon you with my words, it gains me credibility"? Bullshitters always seem to talk loudly. It isn't helping your case man, we still think you're full of it, only now you are hella obnoxious as well.

Dave's Killer Bread really IS all that. Tear jerk story of a meth addict gone good seed aside, this bread is the bomb! We keep a loaf or two in the freeze just to have it around. It isn't the easiest stuff to find, it's only at Freddie's, Winco, and Costco as far as I can tell, but their main bakery AND outlet store is on International Way in Milwaukie, well worth the extra trip my friends!! I know more then a couple of people that don't live in the area that wish it were more available. I predict their sales will explode in the next year or two.

Playing poker with 8 people and only one deck of cards REALLY doesn't work all that well, unless you stick to low card hands like Hold 'em, Omaha...not that those games don't rock, they are my faves.  Stay away from seven card no peek though, the math just doesn't work out.  Five card draw can be a disaster also.

Coffee tastes SOOOO good the morning after drinking.

The way cats dominate dogs simply boggles my mind. In most every house where dogs and cats live together harmoniously, it's almost always the cat that is in charge. At least the female cats. At worst they have a pass to tromp through the scene with their own agenda, unfazed by the doings of the lower animals. The laws of physics do not support this outcome, the dog is larger and capable of having the little hair shedding shit for snacktime, but instead they defer to the feline. Is this the true order of things in nature? Is it because the feline brain is more advanced then the canine brain? Is it because dogs pretty much exist to please us (domesticated ones at least)? I don't know the answers, but it's funny as hell to watch sometimes. :)

The Oregonian (how far and how fast the mighty fall!) will not identify crime suspects by race. This is annoying. If I'm on the lookout for some rapist/killer that just did the deed in my neighborhood, I'd like to know if eyewitnesses reported them as white, black, hispanic, asian, whatever. I'm a big boy and I can handle the information thank you very much. I mean how far can political correctness go? This paper is straight useless most of the time.

They put up the first 'Cesar Chavez' signs on SE 39th ave I hear, I refuse to comply. Not because of any disrespect to the man or his deeds, but to the way the city council (another rant on this at a later date) just shoved the change down everyone's throat without regard to the impact for business owners and residents. It is simple pandering to a special interest group that was loud and obnoxious. Pathetic, what happened to the will of the people?

I went to Hing's in downtown Oregon City Friday night to catch a band I wanted to see, I know a couple of the members. Random Pressure is their name, they play songs most bands would be scared to play, it was a good night of music. Major kudos to those guys!  Second Hand Buzz drummer/vocalist Charlie Swift stepped in for a set or three to help with vocals, he did a great job.  The place was packed for sure. One gripe though, when I pay a cover I don't want to wait 20 minutes for a drink or be surrounded by 1970's wood paneling and the smell of mothballs, I'm just saying!

That is all I got for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment