Saturday, March 6, 2010

A message from Larry Smith

a Hawaiian Holistic Holiday


There are things in life that you can't explain, random acts that fall into place. It must mean that these things are pre determined or part of a plan of some kind. Enough of my rambling, you decide.

I had planned a trip to the big island before the C word came into play. I was informed that my Hawaiian airline miles would expire on the first of march and I had enough for a round trip ticket and also had a friend I could stay with, beaches on a budget, got to love it.

My first consultation with the Chemo guy, I mentioned that I was going to the big Island to find a Hawaiian healer. I had a friend (paul) that had made a visit there about 4 years ago and told me a story of an old full blood Hawaiian lady who was a healer. The problem was that I hadn't heard from this friend in almost 2 years and his phone # no longer worked. (Here's random act part #1), on the Friday before I was to leave he called me out of the blue for a question about a farm machine. I explained my situation and the need for info and directions to the healer. Paul said he would look at a map and get back to me, I was to call him when I got over there.

My sister Carole works at a health food store in Eugene and she has been a great source of information and emotional support. Her coworkers have been a bevy of info also assisting her in research and support --- Evergreen Nutrition---(Shameless plug #1).

A lady came in with a bunch of books that she gave away free and my sister picked up one.(random act #2) It was by Dr Sha(Shameless plug #2) whose premise is that through chanting one can access healing properties in ones own mind and through his help and guidance you can receive supplemental downloads from within the book from him.

Carole decided that this was a good book for me take with me, she gave me her copy (random act #3). Thank You Carole,

In getting ready for the trip I had bought a bunch of books on cancer and in the last pack I decided I was going to leave anything negative behind. The books on cancer didn't make the cut but Dr sha's did.(random act #4)

Maybe the islands have a magic all their own, you can find peace and tranquility in almost any place. The people are friendly as long as you show respect to them and their island. They are happy to see you and also happy to see you go, just the nature of a tourist based economy.

I called Paul who had the healer info. He told me to go to pu'ukohola heiau a temple built for King Kamehameha 1 so he could unite all of the island under one ruler.

I was to ask for a lady called Ma'ala. It was a park service operation and I met a very nice ranger named George. I explained my quest and he said he had not heard of this woman but he could ask Auntie Martha who had been there many years but was not in today. He would try to call her and suggested I take the 45 min walk. Good suggestion I enjoyed the walk and the knowledge of how Hawaii became united.

When I returned he said she had not heard of this lady but gave me 2 #s of healers I called both #s and only one of them called me back. (random act #5) I scheduled an appointment with her.

In the meantime I had begun to read Dr sha's book and found it quite interesting and very helpful in my condition I was soon going to have to deal with. I felt very strange and positive changes taking hold of me, subtle but none the less present. It was teaching me how to remove negative thoughts and attitudes, how to use love and forgiveness to help cure yourself and through practice of chanting one could heal anything. Wow #1

The healer www.drjanellison.com (shameless plug #3 ) She explained that she would help inform the mind of whats going on in the body. The mind has the power to heal the body the problem is that we have been programmed to turn away from what we can't touch or see. Through a series of touching on the head and body she awakened my mind to the problems in my body, she removed stress and did a small amount of acupuncture. When I rose from the table I felt as though I could of flew through the ceiling. She stated she had removed about 1000 years of stress and had awakened my mind to problems of my body so it could begin to heal. Thank You Dr Jan. Wow #2

I continued my readings and chanting at a place I call my happy place it was on a rock wall facing the ocean in Kona. Very beautiful very peaceful. My friend, Danny, who I was staying with, came by after his bike ride to my happy place and noticed the book I was reading by Dr Sha and commented that he knew people who work with Dr Sha and he gave them a call to see if they would meet with me. ( random act #6) They agreed and I went to See Jan and Al. Very nice people with big hearts and full of love and care. If I was to chant every chant in the book that Dr Sha suggests I wouldn't have time to sleep. So I explained my situation and asked for the chants that would best address my conditions.

They answered many questions and did some chanting with me. They gave me some soul songs to sing to boost my body. They did a reading on me and felt very strong that I was going to come through this with remarkable success and would open up doors for me to help many other people. Thank you Jan and Al Wow #3

My trip was nearing it's end and I was going to go diving with Danny the next day. Danny works for Big Island Divers (Shameless plug # 4). Danny drove so I went and did a nice solo dive saw all my old fish friends, listened to the whale songs and the clicks and whistles of the dolphins. Underwater is just amazing the peacefulness and the lack of outside electronic stimuli, just bliss. During the surface interval Danny found a huge pod of dolphins. Now as a dive instructor on Maui for 2 1/2 years I have seen maybe 1000 dolphins underwater and maybe 10,000 on the surface. They are always beautiful and gracious creatures. I got in the water to snorkel with them. They are usually a little shy and standoffish of people, but not this pod. As i was in the water I began to chant "Devine soul of the dolphin please heal me thank you devine" over and over again. They were all around me at mostly distances of 40 feet, so I free dove to about 35 feet and floated there, still chanting Looking at dolphins below me when I felt something rub against my leg I turned and a dolphin had come up to me and touched me and then looked me in the eye and swam circles around me as I ascended to the surface he then splashed through the water and followed me down again and took off back to the surface. All the snorklers at the surface were amazed at what they had seen, the hair on my arms may never go down. ( random act # 7) Wow #4

I had 1 more appointment with Dr Jan and told her to prepare my mind and body for the medical side of things to come. My condition on our last visit was positive and calm, no stress all parts of my body were in a very good place ready for the next course. I told of my dolphin encounter and she said it was a very good sign and dolphins have an amazing ability to heal. Wow #5

I now have a new slippery gray friend to chant through when I go through all the upcoming procedures. I am in a very good place emotionally and spiritually to begin my next and final chapter in this health issue.

Thanks to Paul, Carole, the lady who brought the book, Dr Sha, George and Auntie Martha, Dr Jan, Jan and Al, Danny, The dolphin and most of all my wife Jo who allowed me to take this trip, I know this was difficult for her not being with me I love you honey and you will be my rock through the rest of this path.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment